|Rebecca M. Broyer received a B.S. in Biochemistry from the University of California, San Diego in 2000. She worked in the biotechnology industry for the several years before moving to the University of California, Los Angeles where she received her Ph.D. in Chemistry in 2009 under the direction of Prof. Heather D. Maynard. Her graduate work focused on using controlled polymerizations to make synthetic modifications to peptides, as well as fabrication of multicomponent protein nanoarrays. She was awarded an Andrew Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art where she worked in field of conservation science to develop polymeric materials for the preservation of modern works of art from 2009-2010. Dr. Broyer was an organic chemistry instructor at Glendale Community College before joining the faculty in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Southern California in 2010.
- Broyer, R. M.; Grover, G. N.; Maynard, H. D., "Emerging Synthetic Techniques for Protein Polymer Conjugations," Chem. Commun.; 2010; accepted as feature article.
- Schopf, E.; Broyer, R. M.; Tao, L.; Maynard, H. D.; and Chen, Y., "Directed Nanotube Asseembly Using a Pyrene Functionalized Polymer," Chem. Commun., 2009; 4818-4820.
- Christman, K. L.; Schopf, E.; Broyer, R. M.; Li, R. C.; Chen, Y.; Maynard, H. D., "Nanoscale Assembley of Multilayer Multicomponent Protein Patterns by Electron Beam Lithography" J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2009; 131, 521-527.
- Maynard, H. D.; Broyer, R. M.; and Kolodziej, C. M., Wiley STM / Editor: Joerg Lahann Click Chemistry for Biotechnology and Materials Science, Chapter 11; ISBN: 978-0-470-69970-6.
- Broyer, R. M.; Quaker, G. M.; Maynard, H. D., "Designed Amino Acid ATRP Initiators for the Synthesis of Biohybrid Materials," J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2008, 130, 1041-1047.
- Christman, K. L.; Vazquez-Dorbatt, V.; Schopf, E.; Kolodziej, C. M.; Li, R. C.; Broyer, R. M.; Chen, Y.; Maynard, H. D., "Site-Specific Protein Nanopatterns Using Electron Beam Lithography" J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2008; 130, 16585-16591.
- Christman, K. L.;* Broyer, R. M.;* Tolsytka, Z. P.; Maynard, H. D., "Site-specific Protein Immobilization through N-terminal Oxime Linkages," J. Mater. Chem., 2007, 17, 2021-2027. *Shared first author.
- Li, R. C.; Broyer, R. M.; Maynard, H. D., "Well-Defined Polymers with Acetal Side Chains as Reactive Scaffolds Synthesized by Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization," J. Polym. Sci., Part A: Polym. Chem., 2006, 44, 5004-5013.